Keeping cool in the face of conflict
The fast-paced, high-pressured nature of our jobs and lifestyles today means that our patience is often tried, our tempers often tested. Those in customer-facing roles, as well as those who simply need to deal with a lot of difficult individuals often bear the brunt of these conflicts.
This course is designed to help participants learn to keep calm themselves, as well as to re-gain calmness in situations where tempers are running high.
- Identify anger triggers
- Examine the body’s physiological response to anger
- Consider traditional advice on anger management
- We will then examine anger from two main perspectives:
- Keeping calm ourselves and;
- Calming an angry person (and preventing anger from arising in the first place)
- Methods to controlling anger
Self-control techniques for keeping our cool, including:
- Quick, easy and effective tension-relief and relaxation exercises.
Defusing situations where tempers are running high:
- Developing empathy and emotional awareness
- Using active listening to identify others’ needs
- Applying transactional analysis to interactions
- Using assertive communication to express our needs without offending others
Check out other courses!
Anger Management Training Course Schedule
|Course||Location||Course Format||Start Date||End Date||Duration||Register|