Meant for Active Traders
Today there is very easy access to stock market data and a plethora of trading platforms spanning diverse markets. However there is a significant gap in understanding how to harness this wealth of information effectively. Our comprehensive course helps unlocking opportunities in systematic trading and is carefully designed to bridge this gap, empowering participants to capitalize on the vast opportunities within the stock market.
You know how to program in Python*, and have easy access to real time stock market data through APIs BUT you do not know how to streamline your research, test different strategies, and identify trade opportunities in real-time?
Then this one-of-its-kind course is for you!
*Even if you do not know how to program in Python but are keen to learn to develop Trading Strategies Alogrithms , We can take you through a Python programming Intro course first.
This course covers the very crucial step and is one of its kind.
- This course is for those who use market data (price, volume, etc.) to trade stocks.
- This course will streamline researching & testing different trading strategies in Python.
- This course will enable you to identify stocks in that meet your buy/sell signals.
- This course will assist you in watching stock evolution per your trading strategy in real time.
- This course will explore how to manage different databases, programming, etc. in Python.
Course is Suitable for
This course on building Algorithmic Trading Strategies with Python could be useful for a variety of individuals, including retail traders. Here are some potential beneficiaries:
Individuals who trade their own accounts, especially those looking to enhance their trading strategies using algorithmic approaches.
Those working in the finance industry, including analysts, portfolio managers, or financial advisors, seeking to leverage algorithmic strategies for more efficient trading.
Professionals with a quantitative background interested in applying their skills to algorithmic trading.
Individuals with programming skills looking to specialize in algorithmic trading.
Those studying finance, economics, or related fields who want to gain practical experience in implementing algorithmic trading strategies.
Individuals interested in starting their own algorithmic trading ventures or developing financial technology (fintech) solutions.
Enthusiasts who have a keen interest in both finance and technology and want to explore the intersection of the two.
The course content will be structured to cater to various skill levels, ensuring that participants with different backgrounds and levels of experience and different goals can benefit and progress.
Brief Overview of Course Content
Module 1: Quick Primer to Python & IDE
- Familiarise yourself with relevant Python basics such as syntax, data structures, libraries (Pandas), etc. and IDE (PyCharm).
Module 2: Your Stock Universe Database
Decide on a stock universe & develop a database with your choice of relevant data such as ticker, industry classification, etc.
Learn to easily add, delete & expand Your Stock Universe Database on the fly.
Course will be primarily based on S&P100. Participants can modify as they wish with SP500, Rusell3000 or penny stocks.
Module 3: Data Retrieval, Cleaning & Filtering (Intraday Level)
Create an API to retrieve intraday stock data for Your Stock Universe.
For this course we will connect and retrieve data from Polygon.io.
- Implement a data cleaning and data integration process.
- Filter the data to include only relevant time intervals and remove unnecessary information.
Module 4: Technical Indicator Engineering
- Implement technical indicators such as moving averages, relative strength index (RSI), etc.
- Ability to create and test your own technical indicators.
- Customize technical indicators as per your likening.
- Package these indicators to be easily callable during research & strategy development.
Module 5: Trading Strategy Testing & Algorithm Development
- Learn how to program your trading strategy based on technical indicators and any other factors.
- Develop the algorithmic logic for generating buy/sell signals.
- For this course, we will use a simple “Moving Average Crossover” strategy.
- Note, this course will NOT teach you a trading strategy.
Module 6: Identify Trades & Categorize them in a Bucket List Database
- Set up a database to store intraday stock data and other relevant information.
- Be alerted on which stocks in stocks satisfy your trading strategy trends.
- Visualize stock data and decide on trade possibilities.
- Create different bucket lists and watchlists within the database to categorize and organize stocks based on your criteria (Buy now, Watch for a week, etc.).
Module 7: Back testing
- Use historical intraday data to backtest your algorithm.
- Simulate trades based on historical market conditions and evaluate the performance of your algorithm.
- Assess key metrics such as returns, drawdowns, and Sharpe ratio.
Module 8: Detect Trade Opportunities in Realtime
- Create alerts to dynamically detect stocks that are emerging to meet your trading strategy criteria.
- Categorise stocks into different bucket lists and watchlists (Buy Now, Watch for a week, Current Portfolio, etc.)
Module 9: Monitor Stocks in Realtime
- Create easily callable visualizations for stocks and watchlists.
- Monitor stocks and watchlists of interest in real-time.
- Add/Delete stocks into various databases and watchlists on the fly.
Prerequisite for this Course
- Participants must be comfortable in programming in Python.
- Participants must have access to real time stock market data such as Polygon.io.
- Polygon.io subscription is $20/month or a free 7-day trial.
- Python IDE, preferably PyCharm.
- Your Own Trading Strategy – this course will not teach you any trading strategy.
In case you do not know Python programming , you can learn with us in a short Introduction program prior to the start of the above program. Please contact us on 0503840505 for Python Programming Course.
What this course is NOT:
Not a trading portal.
- Trade execution integration will not be covered. We will not cover automating or programming trade execution.
Not a Trading Strategy development course.
- This course will not teach you any trading strategy. You are expected to have your own trading strategy or be motivated to research and develop your own trading strategy.
- During the course, we will use basic and well-known trading strategies to cover the course content.
- Participants are free to implement their own trading strategy instead if they wish.
This course is not suitable for High Frequency Trading (Second Level frequency)
- Suitable for intraday or longer (days, weeks, etc.) frequency.
- Duration of the course is 24 hours.
- This course is offered as a,
- 3 Day Intensive Boot-Camp.
- Evening Classes. Two 2-hour sessions a week for six weeks in the evenings.
- As part of our Six Month Associate in Big Data Analytics.
- We currently offer this course Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Singapore, Sydney, Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Nigeria.
- Checkout our course schedule more information.
- Participants must bring their own laptop. Preferably with more than 8GB ram.
- This course will be mainly taught using Python as the programming language. Participants will need to use an IDE such as PyCharm.
- Database for the course will be paid subscriptions such as Polygon.io that the Participants will have to subscribe to.
- This training course is very hands-on/practical and is not a lecture or seminar. Participants will be expected to complete exercises and case studies on their own with necessary support and guidance from the instructor.
Python programming Course Outline
(Optional Additional Module)
- Python Objects & Data Types
- Relational Operators, Equalities, Logical Operators
- Python Statements- For If & While Loops
- Methods, Functions & Lambda Expressions
- Importing Data with API’s , Excel, Sql, SAS, Oracle Database.
- Cleaning & Manipulating Data in Python
- NumPy & Pandas for Data Analysis
- Matplotlib & Seaborn for Data Visualization
Python Programming Course
3 Weeks Python Programming Course
For those who do not know Python Programming a special Introductory Python Programming Module will be provided at marginal additional cost. Call 050-3840505 for details.